ANIMAL WELFARE POLICY
Our Animal Welfare Policy is created to ensure our manufacturing and sourcing of animal products is done so with respect to their welfare and rights.
Deiji/Juem commit to using only animal byproducts from cow or sheep farmed for meat. We will not use any species farmed specifically for their leather, fur, bone or down.
Prohibited materials include:
- Fur unless shearling from sheep or cow
- Reptile Skins
- Any animal product that is not strictly a byproduct of being farmed for food.
We respect the 5 Animal Freedoms and ask that our suppliers sign and agree to these, and that they follow these principles in their operations.
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
In addition to the above, as part of our commitment to 1% for the planet, we will donate 1% of all sales obtained from goods containing animal byproducts, to The Humane Society International.